Since the launch of the premium Lumia models, 930, 830 and 1520, there have been numerous complaints and issues with the battery life of the phones. These smartphones have long been associated with quick battery consumption. The “known bug”- as with the log of the last two models, Microsoft too has obliged and addressed to the issue of Battery Drainage issues for the first time. In a quest to solve the issue, the company official support forum is asking for help from the impacted customers. They expect the users to search for the trigger so that they can work on the issue.
Though, it is somehow known what is the actual reason (SoC 8974 chipsets) for this quick battery drainage, yet the problem persists and affects thousands of Lumia users worldwide. The company too has accepted and confirmed that they are aware of the issues and investigating the reports from the users that complain that the battery consumption of these builds are pretty higher than expected. The models covered under this investigation are: Lumia Icon, 930, 830, and 1520.
In case, you are greater on Insider Fast Ring or running the Windows Insider Build 14336 and own one of the model builds mentioned above, then help report the issues via the following steps:
Step 1: Setup Field Medic app
- Download the Field Medic app from the Lumia Store and install it.
- Launch the app and tap on the “Advance” tab. Now choose the desired ETW Providers to use.
- Remove all the options except the “UxAppPlatform” and “Power_ScreenOff” by deselecting them.
- Now return back to the advance page and then tap on the “Configure System Log” and “Crash Dump” options
- Enable the “Include Power Logs” option.
Step 2: How to use the Field Medic App
In order to use the Field Medic App, follow these steps:
- Make sure that all the heavy battery using apps like games, camera, video players etc. are closed.
- Now you can launch the app and tap on “Start Logging”.
- Navigate away from the app and use your smartphone normally for about 20 minutes to an hour.
- Once done, you can go back to the Field medic app and click on “Stop Logging”.
After this, the app will consume sometime to collect and generate the necessary logs. After the collection, a dialog box will appear, asking you to enter the basic information about your log. Fill in the detail, report title as well as repro steps. Click on save icon and the issue will be reported locally.
Step 3: Finding and delivering the logs
The zipped logs have been stored on your device at path Phone > FieldMedic (you can access the folder via PC or Laptop). You can send this zipped folder to the Microsoft team with essential information that you think will prove helpful for the investigation purpose.