Microsoft has introduced a new feature called Timeline in Windows 10 after rolling out the latest update. It is designed in a way so users can switch between platforms such as Android and iOS phones. It includes an overview of currently recent applications across your machine and gives you a detailed insight of all the items you were working on. This may extend to continuity in Windows applications in Android and iOS applications on other platforms.
Lately, however, many users have reported that they cannot see the timeline on their computer. It either seems to be disabled or doesn’t show complete information in its interface. By default, Windows doesn’t support third-party applications in its timeline feature. This feature is currently still under development and because it isn’t a complete product yet, you might see little use for it.
How to enable Windows Timeline
In this article, we will go through how you can enable Windows Timeline on your computer. Users facing the problem where their timeline is missing from their computer will also be addressed in this short tutorial. We will also try to give you a little insight on how to use Windows timeline.
Enabling Timeline in Windows 10
By default, the timeline feature will automatically gets enabled when the Windows update is installed. You don’t have to do anything. Just press Windows + Tab button to view your timeline sorted according to the date. You can scroll down to see more entries.
However, if you have disabled the activity tracking of your applications, you will not be able to see the complete information accessible on your timeline. You can easily change these using Settings. If these options are disabled, it might be the reason why your timeline isn’t enabled.
- Press Windows + S, type “settings” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Once in Settings, click on the option of Privacy.
- Click on Activity history using the left navigation pane and check the following options:
- Let Windows collect activity from this PC
- Let Windows sync my activities from this PC to the Cloud
- Show activities from accounts
- Once you have made the changes, restart your computer properly, make sure you have an active internet connection and try pressing Windows + Tab
Note: Timeline will not appear on your screen if you have not updated your Windows to the latest build. This is a feature which is only available in the new update.