Keeping up with the latest news is a great aspect of the Google app, but for whatever reason, Google has disabled its Google Feed in various countries – for a long time, Google Now was only available in the U.S., and was rolled out to other countries when it was rebranded as Google Feed. But still, its not available in all countries, and this guide will help you enable Google Feed if you live somewhere Google Feed is not available.
There are two methods available – for rooted users, you simply need to download and install an APK, and you’re done. For non-rooted users, it’s a little bit more technical and difficult, but follow this guide closely and it shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Rooted Device Users
All you need to do is download the Google Now Enabler APK. It’s been tested and confirmed as working on Android Marshmallow, Nougat, and Oreo, regardless of device brand.
After you download and install the Google Now Enabler, simply launch it and grant it root access, then launch the Google app and the Google Feed should be working.
Non-Rooted Device Users
If your device isn’t rooted, we’re going to need to do a few things to get Google Feed up and running on your device.
- First you need to download a VPN application. Some good free options Hotspot Shield, SecureLine, VPNHub, and Spotflux VPN – they can all be found in the Play store.
- Next you need to go to your device’s Settings > Apps > tap on the 3-dot menu in the upper right corner and tap “Show System”, to show all system apps.
- Now scroll down the list until you find the Google Services Framework.
- Tap on the Google Services Framework, then go to Storage, and tap Clear Storage. Please be aware that when you clear the Google Services Framework data, some apps may become unreliable, such as the Play Store. But only some users have reported this happening.
- After you’ve cleared the Google Services Framework data, go back to the main app list and find the Google app, then repeat the same process (Storage > Clear Storage > Clear All Data > OK)
- Go back to your home screen and open your VPN app, and choose United States as the server location, then activate your VPN.
- Launch the Google app, and the Google Feed should be automatically working. At this point, you can disconnect the VPN, reboot your phone, and the Google Feed should stick.