With more and more resources being uploaded in YouTube each day, it is natural for people all around in wanting to link videos in their PowerPoint presentations. Luckily it has a feature where you can embed a YouTube video by using the embedded code in it.
When you would want to play the video from within the presentation, just click on it just like any other video and it will start playing. This feature is widely appreciated by various students and professionals around the world. However, for a newbie, the process can get quite confusing. That’s why we have written a concise and clear guide on how to embed a YouTube video in a PowerPoint presentation. Just follow the steps below with respect to your operating system.
In Windows, the process is very straightforward. Make sure that you have an active internet connection and have an activated copy of PowerPoint.
- Open the YouTube video which you want to embed in your presentation.
- Click on Share and click on the Embed option present alongside other options.
- Now a new window will open which will contain the code. Copy the entire text so we can paste it later.
Note: If the copying address starts with ‘https’, it probably means that you have copied the wrong code. Go back and perform the steps again.
- After you have copied the code, open the presentation where you want to embed the video. Open the slide and click on Insert > Video > Online Video.
- Now paste the embedded code inside the dialogue box and the video will appear as a preview. Preview the video and then insert it.
Note: In some cases, we noticed that the option ‘From a Video Embed Code’ was not present. So as an alternative, you can search the exact title from the first option ‘YouTube’ and then select the video accordingly.
PowerPoint for Office 365 or PowerPoint 2019 for Mac only have the direct feature to add YouTube videos into the slides. This feature is the same as for Windows which we just saw before. However, if you are running an older version, you would have to use an Office Add-in. Take a look below.
- Navigate to YouTube video which you want to insert and click on Share. Click the first address which comes forward. We are not embedding here as we did before.
- Once the link is copied, navigate to the slide where you want to insert the slide and click on Store and search for Web video player. Click on Add
- The add-in will be added to your PowerPoint slide. Enter the code of the video and click Set Video.
- The video will now be added. You can adjust or resize it according to your needs. Of course, you wouldn’t need this if you have the latest version of PowerPoint. Then you can simply add the embed code or search for the video as shown above.