Owners of the latest Huawei Mate 20 Pro may find the native HiSearch function to be extremely annoying – in fact, many users want to know how to disable HiSearch. This is because HiSearch is activated by swiping down from the top edges – thus, if you want to refresh a webpage, for example, you need to swipe down from precisely in the center of the screen.
Luckily, its really quite easy to disable HiSearch using ADB. All we’re going to do is uninstall the package.
- ADB & Fastboot (see Appuals guide How to Install ADB on Windows)
- First enable USB Debugging on your Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Go to Settings > About Phone > tap Build Number 7 times to activate Developer Mode.
- Now go to Settings > Developer Options > enable USB Debugging.
- Connect your Huawei Mate 20 Pro to your PC via USB, and launch an ADB terminal (hold shift + right click and choose ‘Open a Command Window Here’ from inside your main ADB folder).
- In the ADB terminal, type: adb devices
- You may need to accept an ADB pairing dialogue on your Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
- When your device is successfully recognized by ADB, type the following commands in order:
Adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.huawei.search
The ADB terminal should display “Success”, and you will no longer be plagued by HiSearch.