Pinterest is a website that allows its users to post pictures and other types of media on it after making a Pinterest account. It also enables users to post their blogs through their Pinterest accounts. Users can follow each other as well as they can communicate with each other through this website. These features of Pinterest make it a highly usable and beneficial website. However, at times, some of the users no longer want to use this website and therefore, they want to know how to abandon using it by deleting their accounts. So, let us learn how to do it.
How to Delete your Pinterest Account?
In order to delete your Pinterest account, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Go to www.pinterest.com and provide your Pinterest ID and Password in order to log in to Pinterest. Once you manage to log in to Pinterest successfully, click on the Profile icon located on the bottom right corner of your account window as shown in the following image:
- Now click on the Settings icon located at the top right corner of your account window.
- In the Pinterest Settings window, click on the Edit Settings link as shown in the image below:
- In the Edit Settings menu, click on the Close Account link.
- As soon as you will click on this link, Pinterest will ask you for confirmation. Just click on the Close Account button so that Pinterest can lead you to the final step by sending you an email.
- You need to log in to your provided email account in order to view the email sent by Pinterest. As soon as you will open that email, you will see a button saying, “Yes, close account”. Click on that button in order to permanently delete your Pinterest account.
After performing all these steps, Pinterest will take 14 days to permanently delete your account so that if you have done this accidentally, you can immediately recover your Pinterest account within these 14 days because, after that, your Pinterest account will no longer exist.