A regular physical Scrapbook is a collection of someone’s photos or images. You can call it a modernized version of a Photo Album.
What is the Purpose of Creating a Scrapbook on Facebook?
Facebook allows people to create certain memories to which they would want to look back in the future. Similarly, there is a feature on Facebook called the Scrapbook, which enables people to create a collection of different tagged photos of their family members. In this way, the users can keep photos of their certain family members organized. Moreover, now every kind of data you have is readily available in the form of softcopy. Therefore, people prefer having all their memories online instead of having their hard copies, which are difficult to maintain.
Once you create the Facebook Scrapbook of a particular person, whenever you will upload the photos in which that person is tagged, those photos will immediately become a part of their Scrapbook. In this article, we will discuss the method with the help of which you can create a Scrapbook on Facebook.
How to Create a Scrapbook on Facebook?
In this method, we will explain to you how you can create a Scrapbook on Facebook by making use of the Family and Relationships feature. For doing this, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account by providing your login credentials at the Facebook “Sign in” page. Once you manage to log in to your Facebook account successfully, click on your Profile icon located beside the Facebook search bar as shown in the following image:
- On your Profile page, click on the About tab located right below your Cover Photo as highlighted in the image shown below:
- First of all, you will need to add the person whose Scrapbook you want to create as one of your family members. For doing this, click on the Family and Relationships tab from your About section as shown in the following image:
- In the Family and Relationships pane, click on the link saying, “Add a Family Member” as highlighted in the image shown below:
- Now type in the Name of the person whose Scrapbook you want to create in the textbox corresponding to the Family Member Select your relationship with that person from the Relationship dropdown list. In this example, I have added my pet’s name and hence I selected the Pet option from the Relationship dropdown list. You can adjust the privacy settings according to your own needs as shown in the following image:
- Click on the Save Changes button in order to save your newly added Family Member as highlighted in the image shown above.
- As soon as you will click on this button, you will be able to see that person in your Family Members Now click on the Add Scrapbook link located in front of your newly added Family Member’s Name as highlighted in the image shown below:
- Now click on the Get Started button located on the dialogue box that pops up as shown in the following image:
- Facebook will now notify you with a message that only you will be able to tag your pet’s (or any other family member’s) photos in order to make them a part of its Scrapbook. However, if you want to enable someone else to do it as well, then you will need to add that person as your partner on Facebook i.e. you need to specify him or her as the person whom you are in a relationship with. If you do not want to do it, then simply click on the Create Scrapbook button as highlighted in the image shown below:
- As soon as you will click on this button, the Scrapbook window will appear on your screen. You can add a Cover Photo and a Profile Picture for this Scrapbook. You can also start tagging the photos of your pet or any other Family Member right away by clicking on the Tag Photos link as shown in the following image:
Now whenever you will add the tagged Photos of your pet or any other Family Member whose Scrapbook you have created, then those Photos will automatically become a part of their Facebook Scrapbook.