PDF is a famous document format that is used to distribute read-only documents. Whereas the MOBI is a format for eBooks that is originally used by Mobipocket reader. Most of the devices are able to read PDF files without any issue. However, there are still devices and applications that only support a few types of formats. If a device/application only supports MOBI, then the user needs to convert the PDF file into the MOBI file. In this article, we will teach how you can convert a PDF file to MOBI.
Converting PDF to MOBI through Online Converter
Nowadays many online websites provide the conversion of one file to another. This is the easiest and quickest method to convert PDF to MOBI. It also saves space, since it does not require any installation of the software. There are many online converters for specific file conversion. Each website will have different features and options for converting the files. We will be using the ‘Online Converter’ site as a demonstration for converting PDF to MOBI.
- Open your browser and go to the OnlineConverter site.
- Click on the Choose File button and select the PDF file that you want to convert to MOBI format.
- Now click on the Convert button to confirm the conversion of the file. The file will upload to the site and then convert to the MOBI format.
- Once the conversion is completed, you can click the Download Now button to download the MOBI file.
Converting PDF to MOBI through Calibre Software
Calibre eBook Management is one of the famous eBook managers that comes with powerful and easy to use tools. It has everything that a user needs for their eBook files. You can download Calibre software from the official site and install it on your computer. There are also many other programs that you can use for converting the PDF to MOBI. Follow the below steps to try it out:
- Open your browser and download the Calibre eBook Management. Install the program by following the installation steps accordingly.
- Double-click the shortcut or search Calibre through the Windows search feature to open it.
- Click on the Add Books icon at the top left and choose the PDF file that you want to convert.
- Now select the PDF in the list and click on the Convert books icon.
- Click on the Output format drop-down menu and choose the MOBI format. You can also change other multiple options before the conversion. Once you are done with the settings, click on the Ok button to start conversion.
- You can click on the Path to Open button to open the converted file path.
Converting PDF to MOBI on Android
If the users have no access to a computer, they can also use an Android device to convert their PDF files to MOBI files. Users can easily find many converting applications in the Google Play Store. We are going to use eBook Converter for this method to show you how it works on Android. Follow the below steps to convert your PDF file to MOBI:
- Go to Google Play Store and download eBook Converter application.
- Open the application, tap on the Plus + icon, and then tap on the file icon. Search for the PDF file on your phone and tap on it.
- Select the Converting tab and then change the Convert to option to MOBI. You can also change further options according to your need. Once all settings are set, click on the Convert button.
- It will require a stable internet connection because it uses the online server to convert the PDF file to MOBI. You can click on the Result to open your MOBI file.