August Door Lock refers to a smart lock with which you can keep your doors safe even without using any keys. These door locks can be operated simply with your mobile phones. It really does not matter where you physically are. You can easily lock and unlock your doors with the help of August Door Locks.
What is Amazon Alexa?
Amazon Alexa is a very versatile and helpful voice assistant developed by Amazon. With the help of this voice assistant, you can easily control Amazon Smart Appliances as well as the smart devices from some other brands.
Amazon Alexa Skills:
Amazon Alexa enables you to control your smart devices with the help of a large number of Amazon Alexa Skills. These skills are in fact very powerful feature sets that let you perform your routine activities very efficiently. For getting anything done while using Amazon Alexa, all you have to do is to search for that particular skill. Once you manage to find it, just enable it and you will be all set to use it. In this article, we will explain to you the method with which you control your August Door Locks with the help of Alexa’s August Smart Home skill. So, without any further exaggeration, let us head straight towards the method.
How to Control August Door Locks with Amazon Alexa?
In order to control August Door Locks with Amazon Alexa, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Launch the Amazon Alexa application on your mobile phone by tapping on its icon.
- Tap on the Menu and then select Skills.
- Now type August Smart Home in the search bar and tap on the Enter key.
- After finding the desired skill, tap on the Enable button in order to enable August Smart Home skill on Amazon Alexa.
- Now you will be asked to log in with your August account so that it can be linked with Amazon Alexa.
- Here, you can also set a PIN Code to lock and unlock your doors with August Door Lock.
- At this point, you are all set to control your August Door Lock with Amazon Alexa Commands. In order to lock your front door, you will have to say something like Alexa, Lock my Front Door. Similarly, for unlocking your front door, you will need to say, Alexa, Unlock my Front Door.
- You can also lock and unlock your front door by asking August to do so. For doing that, you will have to say something like Alexa, Ask August to Lock my Front Door. In order to ask August to unlock the front door, you will need to say, Alexa, Ask August to Unlock my Front Door. Now, Alexa will ask you for the PIN Code that you have set earlier. As soon as you will say that PIN Code, your front door will be unlocked.
- Alexa also enables you to keep a check on your door i.e. if it is locked or not. In order to do so, you can say, Alexa, Check my Front Door is Locked or Not? You can even ask August to do it. For doing so, you will have to say something like Alexa, Ask August if my Front Door is Locked?
- Last but not least, you can also know about all the August Door Locks that you have. For doing that, you can say, Alexa, Ask August to List my Locks.
In this way, you can easily control your August Door Locks with Amazon Alexa no matter where you are. This collaboration of Amazon Alexa with August Door Locks not only provides you with an increased sense of security but also enhances your ease of access.