There are a lot of file formats and each has its benefits. For this reason, different documents are saved as different file types. The PDF format is a popular file type that is used for saving documents, books, and notes. Even presentations are sometimes converted to the PDF file format.
One of the advantages of using PDF is that it is portable and it can be opened on UNIX, Windows or Macintosh. It does not depend on what hardware or operating system is being used. You can share it over various platforms and it will be readable on every platform. Since this platform is free and can be read on any device, people are using it a lot.
Features of PDF File Format
We have already explained that it has cross-platform readability, which makes it so popular. However, there are also some other features of the PDF file format that make it suitable for different documents.
- Password Protection: If you have a confidential document or a book that you want to sell, you can protect it by saving it in PDF with a password. If there is password protection on the PDF, no one will be able to edit, copy it or print it.
- Not Easily Edited: If we talk about JPEG or TIFF files, they are easy to alter. This is not the case with PDF. You must have an electronic mask if you want to alter a PDF file format.
Combining PDF Files
There are multiple reasons for which there is a need for combining PDF files. If multiple files have been merged in a single file for email, it will help avoid clutter. Also, you can add headers and bookmarks on this file so that navigation through the pages is easy.
Some people might worry that merging PDF files will mess up the arrangement. You can arrange the pages the way they should be. For PDF reading, ADOBE Acrobat is commonly and professionally used software. You can merge PDF files on this software by following the steps given below.
- When you are in Acrobat, click on Tools.
- From the options, select Combine Files.
- Then, select Add files. This will give you an option to select the files that you want to merge.
- Once you have added the files, you can drag, click and drop them to rearrange them.
- To expand individual pages, double click on any file.
- If you want to remove a page, click on delete.
- Once the arrangement is done, click on Combine files.
- Save the document with a valid name.
PDF Combining Software
There are many online software and apps on the Internet in which you can merge PDF files. If you do not want to use Acrobat, you can use these apps to combine your PDF files. They might not give you as many options as the Acrobat but they can act as an alternative. Some of the examples are listed below:
- TalkHelper PDF Converter
- PDFSAM Split and Merge
- PDF Merge
- PDF binder