Snapchat is slowly transitioning from a mere flick to a full-fledged social media destination where users can send each other ‘snaps’ and set pictures as their stories. It is so successful that Facebook and Whatsapp tried to copy the ‘story’ feature but failed to do so in terms of return interest from the users.
As Snapchat continues to add more exciting features (such as saving your pictures to a Snapchat server), it may seem like a necessity to keep stronger passwords or you may even come across a situation where you have to reset your password because you forgot. Not to worry, we have you covered.
Change password using mobile application
If you already have access to your Snapchat mobile application, you just have to navigate to the settings and change your password from there. It’s pretty straightforward and simple and will get you going again in no time.
- Open your Snapchat application and select your avatar present at the top left side of the screen.
- Now click on the Settings icon (gears) present at the top-right side of the screen.
- Now select the option password from the list on the next window.
- Now enter your current password and continue following the steps to set up a new password.
- Once done with the steps, your password will be changed successfully.
What to do if I have forgotten my current password?
The above method is only valid if you already know your existing Snapchat password. If you have lost it, you will need to use your email address to retrieve the password after some authentication. Do note that this method is only valid if you have registered an email address with your account. If you haven’t, you might have to contact support as there are no online ways to reset the password without an email address.
- Navigate to Snapchat’s official reset password website. Enter your current email in the dialogue box and press Submit.
- After you press Submit, you will be given a prompt that your email has been sent.
- Open your mailbox and you will see an email from Snapchat to reset your password. If you do not see the email even after a few minutes, it probably means that the email is in the junk folder or in the unfocused tab. Search through the entire email client to find the email.
- Click the link on the email and follow the listed steps to change your password.