It is considered as a trend these days to use more visual cues rather than the text because today’s new generation considers it dull and boring. Therefore, we see so many icons on the applications that we use these days rather than simple text. Once you manage to memorize the functions of these icons, they are very easy to use for you. Moreover, if you cannot memorize them, the tooltips are also available so whenever you hover your cursor over an icon, you immediately get to know about its function.
However, if we talk about old age people or the people who cannot read through those small-sized tooltips, then it is very difficult for them to get used to these new icons. Gmail allows you to have either the icon buttons or the text buttons so that you can customize them according to your own needs. When we say, “Change the icons into the text” then it literally means changing the icon buttons into the text buttons. In this article, we will discuss the method with which we can change the Gmail icons into text.
How to Change Gmail Icons into Text?
In this method, we will explain to you how you can change the Gmail Icons into Text by making use of its Settings. For doing this, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Launch any browser of your choice say, Google Chrome, type in Gmail in the search bar of your browser and then press the Enter key in order to launch the Gmail “Sign in” page as shown in the following image:
- Now choose an appropriate account with which you wish to log in to Gmail and click on it as highlighted in the image shown above.
- Type the password of your Gmail account below the field saying, “Enter your Password” and then click on the Next button as highlighted in the image shown below:
- Once you manage to log in to Gmail successfully, click on the Gear icon located at the top right corner of your Gmail window as shown in the following image:
- As soon as you will click on this icon, a menu will appear on your screen. Choose the Settings option from this menu as highlighted in the image shown below:
- In the Settings pane, scroll down to the Button Labels field and then select the Text radio button as highlighted in the following image:
- Finally, click on the Save Changes button located at the bottom of your Gmail Settings window in order to save your settings as highlighted in the image shown below:
As soon as you will click on this button, your Gmail icon buttons will immediately change into text buttons.