Adobe Illustrator is a Vector Graphics editing application that is developed and distributed by Adobe. The latest version of the application was released in October of 2018 and is the 23rd generation in the product line. The application is available on both, Windows and macOS. In this article, we will teach you the easiest method to add fonts to the application. Make sure to follow the steps carefully and accurately to avoid conflict.
How to Add a Font to Adobe Illustrator?
Fonts for Illustrator can be downloaded from a lot of websites and there are numerous designs available all over the internet. These fonts, however, have to be added to the application separately and they can’t be added collectively. There are two methods to add fonts to illustrator, you can either add the fonts automatically or manually, for your convenience, we have listed both the methods.
Method 1: Install Automatically
- Download the fonts of your choice from any website.
- Make sure that the font is in the TrueType Format (TTF).
Note: If the font isn’t in the indicated format, it isn’t compatible with Illustrator and can’t be used.
- You can double click on the file and click on the “install” option to install it automatically.
Method 2: Install Manually
- Right–click on the downloaded font and select “Copy“.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the partition where Windows has been installed.
- Open the “Windows” folder and click on the “Fonts” folder.
Note: You might need administrative privileges to access this folder.
- Right-click on an empty space and select “Paste“.
- This will automatically install the font on your computer.
- This will also be added to Adobe Illustrator automatically.
Note: This method will only work if the selected font is in the “TTF” format, this format is the only one recognized by Windows and most fonts downloaded from the internet are in this format.