Borderlands 3 isn’t even out for a week and we are already receiving the second hotfix from Gearbox. This mainly fixes some of the overpowered loot drops in Mayhem Mode and reduces Eridium crystal spawns in Voracious Canopy. Players were able to farm a lot of legendary weapons killing Loot Tinks and Chupacabratch in Mayhem mode and it seems it was way more than Gearbox originally intended. Basically this hotfix is one big nerf package and you can read rest of the changes below.
- Yellow paint has been added to the Marsh Fields to mark a more obvious path to complete the Sabotage Crew Challenge.
- The New-U Station in front of the Halcyon Suborbital Spaceport (used during the “Space-Laser Tag” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The New-U Station in front of Titian’s Gate (used during the “Atlas, At Last” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The first Guardian a player runs into during the “Beneath the Meridian” mission is no longer over-leveled.
- The Eridian chest by the Grotto in the Jakob’s Estate is no longer invisible.
- Eridium crystals in Voracious Canopy grow less frequently.
- Scaled down the amount of loot drops in Mayhem Mode.
- Torgue shotgun sticky damage has been reduced.
- Reduced E-Tech shotgun elemental damage from “flesh off your bones” to “a lot”.
- Chupacabratch dropped too much of his hard-earned loot.
- Adjusted spawn rate of Loot Tinks in Mansion. They’re special again.
- Removed pain-sounds from Troy for his boss fight.
We are aware that the below list does not include issues that the community is immediately concerned with. We are hard at work evaluating performance problems and potential solutions for them. In the meantime, these are some balance updates that we can do quickly
Many Players have complained about severe FPS drops in some parts of the game, especially in areas where there is a lot of action going on. I have seen this problem occur prominently in Sanctuary where my game drops down to 60 frames even with a GTX 1080 (Ultra Preset).
This is a hotfix so you can still farm legendaries in Mayhem mode if you play the game offline, that is until Gearbox pushes an update.