Error code 0x8004230F and a message No shadow copy created is a problem when you try to create a System Restore Point but there’s a problem with Windows Services.
You will get this error code if you’re trying to make a System Restore Point, which is a point you can revert your operating system to later on, if you happen to have some more serious issues with Windows. System Restore Points are very useful, and creating one every once in a while is actually a fairly good idea.
Fixing this problem is very easy, even if you don’t have any technical background, just follow the steps described in the method below and you’ll be fine.
Manually start the service
The 0x8004230F error message usually indicates that either the Volume Shadow Copy or the Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider service aren’t running, or have malfunctioned, and all you need to do is start them again.
- Press simultaneously the Windows and R keys on your keyboard. In the Run window that opens, type in services.msc and either press Enter, or click OK.
- Find the Volume Shadow Copy and the Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider and do the following steps for both of them.
- Double-click the service, to open the
- From the Startup type list, choose Automatic (Delayed Start) and then click
- Right-click the service, and choose
Now that both services are running, you should be able to create a System Restore Point without any problems.