The error “Uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted, because the issuer Certificate is Unknown (Error Code : sec_error_unknown_issuer)” followed by a request to call 0-800-112-0034 is a fake warning, generated by a adware on your browser/system which prevents you from accessing the internet. What these guys wants you to do is call the company; so that they can trick you into believing them that’s this was a virus and steal your money.
This is a new type of tech support scam. In this guide; i will list down the steps you can take to fix this issue.
First Force Quit Safari
- Press command + option + esc keys together at the same time. Wait.
- When Force Quit window appears, select Safari if not already.
- Press Force Quit button at the bottom of the window. Wait.
- Safari will quit.
- Relaunch Safari holding the shift key down.
- Click Safari > Preferences > Security > Privacy and choose Cookies and website data, Click “Details” button. Remove the cookie related to this, if there is one.