Most of the users are facing the issue of screen rotation in Samsung Galaxy S6. This issue occurs when Samsung Galaxy S6 accelerometer or gyroscope stops working. Screen doesn’t rotate even if it is enabled in the settings. S6 and S6 edge both have same screen rotation issue. It could link with the software of your smartphone. However, it can be fixed by spending a little bit of your time. There are also rumors floating around the web of fast charge and wireless charge, causing sensor to fail. This is true to some extent, as it has caused the faulty part to stick rendering rotation to be broken. Follow the simple steps below to solve this issue.
Hard Reset Your S6
- Turn off the Device
- Once the phone is switched off, hold the Home, Volume up and power buttons down all together
- After few moments Samsung Logo will appear and you will have access to the phone’s boot menu.
- Use volume up/down buttons to navigate.
- Power button to make selections, navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Select it.
- Use volume down to toggle the selection to Yes- delete all user data and then press Home button
- Once selected the Yes option you will see a script scrolling along the bottom of the screen,
Once the process is complete, press the power button once more to reset device
Update Device Software
- Go to Settings
- Once you are in settings, scroll down and search for About phone
- Tap on it
- Click on Software update to see if your smartphone is ready to update
If there is an update, update your phone.
Note: If Samsung Galaxy S6 Rotation is still not working, you must go to your wholesaler and replace Samsung S6 with a new phone.