The Roblox Error code 116 is encountered by users that are trying to play Featured, Popular or any type of user-generated content via the Roblox Xbox One app. This error is reported to occur on Xbox One, Xbox One S and Xbox One X. Before the actual error code is encountered, users get a brief message saying “You are unable to see content other people make because of how your account is set up”.
What causes the Roblox Error code 116?
This particular error code occurs because most Roblox games require access to both online multiplayer games and user created content. The error code is typically encountered with child account that is part of a Family account.
Because these accounts have limited permissions, you will be required to make a series of adjustments in order to ensure that access to the Roblox app is properly configured.
How to fix the Roblox Error Code 116
The fix involves changing a series of settings having to do with the account’s Communication & multiplayer and Game Content. To make this easier for you, we created a step by step guide through the whole thing. Here’s what you need to do:
- Tap the Xbox home button to bring up the side menu.
- Use your controller to navigate down to select the Settings icon (gears icon) and press the A button to open it.
- Next, select All settings and press the A button again.
- Now, use your left thumbstick to select Account from the left-hand side menu.
- Then, use the same left thumbstick to navigate to Privacy & online safety and press the A button again.
- Select Xbox Live Privacy, then scroll down to View details & customize and press the A button again.
- In the next screen, scroll down and access the Game content menu.
- Next, use the left thumbstick to select You can see and share content. Now, change the menu from Block to Everybody.
- Force-close and re-open the Roblox application. You should be able to play any game without issues.