When using or installing applications like The Witcher, Adobe products, and some other steam games, you may get error with messages like.
- The program can’t start because mfc100u.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting mfc100u.dll. The specified module could not be found
- Error loading mfc100u.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.
Mfc100u.dll is a dependency for multimedia applications and games, and the errors suggests the .dll file is either missing or corrupted.
This issue affects all versions of Windows and can be fixed by replacing the corrupted or missing mfc100u.dll file working copy System32 folder or installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
Method 1: Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package
Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable package should instantly solve the problem as it is a dependency for the applications producing the error.
- Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable package from here. (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Go to your Downloads folder and launch the executable file with the name vcredist_x86.exe or vcredist_x64.exe depending on the version you downloaded.
- Follow the prompts to install the software to your PC and then reboot when done.
- Open the application displaying the error to confirm if the issue has been resolved.
Method 2: Providing a Working mfc100u.dll.dll File
You can copy the 32-bit version of mfc100u.dll to the System32 folder and the 64-bit version to the SysWOW64 folder and then try launching the application again.
- Download mfc100u.dll from here (32-bit / 64-bit). Open the download location, right-click on mfc100u.dll and copy it.
- Open a new Windows Explorer window, type %windir%\SysWOW64 in the location bar and press Enter. In the SysWOW64 folder, right-click and select
- Repeat the same process using %windir%\System32 and paste the file in the System32 folder. Remember to paste mfc100u.dll in its corresponding folder. Also, you may have to grant this operation admin rights.
- Try launching the application again to see if it works.