Error 2502 or Error 2503 appears when you’re attempting to uninstall or install a program. The error may trigger one of the following notices on your screen. There are two methods in this guide which will help you resolve this issue. This is what the error may say:
a) The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2503.
b) The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2502.
To fix the issue, follow the two methods below.
Method 1: Uninstalling
To uninstall a program which causes the errors above, we first need to locate and identify the .msi file being used.
1. Hold the Windows Key and Press R to open the run dialog.
2. In the run dialog, type C:\Windows\Installer and then click the OK button.
3. Right click anywhere in the blank space and select View -> Details
4. In the details view, you will see columns. Right click anywhere on the column bar and select More.
5. Locate and put a check on the Subject field and click OK
6. Click the Subject column to sort the names of the programs in alphabetical order. Then identify, which is the .msi file associated with your program.
As seen in the image below, ours is “Microsoft Games for Windows Live”
Now, hit the windows key and in the windows tile mode, type cmd – right click cmd and select run as administrator.
In the black command prompt that opens up, type
This will allow the installer to run and you should now be able to uninstall the program.
Method 2: Installing & Uninstalling
1. Now hold the CTRL+ALT keys together, and press ESC while still holding them.
2. Right Click Windows Explorer and select End Task.
3. Click File on the top and select Run New Task.
4.Type explorer.exe and click OK. (select the box which says “create this task with administrative privileges ”