The 0x87de2713 error code appears on Xbox One when users try to launch games or applications (digital or physical). The error code signals the fact that the system wasn’t able to locate the game or app license inside Microsoft Store (this is needed to validate the purchase).
What’s causing the 0x87de2713 Error Code on Xbox One?
- Xbox Servers are down – In most cases, this problem will occur if one or more Xbox One Core services are down or are currently experiencing issues. Outages and DDoS attacks are the most common culprits that might cause the problem. In this case, you should be able to resolve the issue by switching your console to offline mode, disabling the validation attempt.
- Firmware glitch – Another potential culprit that might cause this problem is a software glitch. Several affected users have reported that in their case the issue started occurring after a botched firmware update. If this scenario is applicable, you can fix the issue by performing a power cycling procedure.
Method 1: Checking on the Status of Xbox Live servers
Before you try any other repair strategies, you should begin this troubleshooting guide by making the necessary investigations to ensure that the issue is actually occurring locally. If it isn’t and it’s part of a larger server issue, the repair strategies below will not help you to resolve the issue.
In order to exclude this possibility, simply visit this link (here) and see if any Xbox services (especially Core services) are affected.
If you manage to find any evidence that the error code is part of a bigger issue, chances the problem is entirely out of your control. In this case, the only repair strategy is to wait patiently and wait until Microsoft’s engineers manage to resolve the problem. You can also check the Twitter account (here) or Xbox for updates on the issue.
However, if the Xbox status page doesn’t signal any server issue, move down to the next potential fix below.
Method 2: Using Offline Mode
If the problem is being caused by a non-essential Microsoft server, you might be able to avoid the validation entirely by switching your console to Offline mode. But keep in mind that by doing so, you will not be able to access or use any network-based features and you will not be able to play any games with multiplayer components.
However, this workaround is useful if you’re desperately trying to play a single-player game that doesn’t rely on Microsoft’s servers. Several affected users have confirmed that switching their console to offline mode has allowed them to finally launch games and applications.
Here’s a quick guide on switching your console mode to Offline:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to bring up the guide menu. Once you get there, use the tabs at the top to arrive at the network settings window (Settings > System > Settings > Network).
- Once you manage to arrive at the correct Network menu, select the Network Settings menu and access the Go Offline Option.
- Once you got this far, your console is already in offline mode. See if the operation has been successful bu repeating the action that was causing the 0x87de2713.
- If the problem is still occurring, disable Offline mode and move to the next potential fix below.
Method 3: Performing a power cycling
As I turn out, the issue can also occur due to one or more temp files (or leftovers from a software installation) that might be responsible for this error. In this scenario, performing a power-cycling procedure is effective because it will drain the power capacitors, which will end clearing the most responsible temp file that might be causing this problem but will also drain the power capacitors.
Several affected users have confirmed that this operation finally allowed them to launch games from their digital library without encountering the 0x87de2713 error. Here’s a quick guide on how to do this:
- Ensure that your console is fully powered on (not in hibernation mode).
- Press the Xbox button on your console and keep it pressed for about 10 seconds or until you see that the front LED stops flashing.
- After you release the power button, wait for at least a minute before trying to start it again. If you want to be extra sure that the operation was complete, you can also physically disconnect the power cable from the power outlet and wait for a couple of seconds.
- Start your console once again conventionally. During the initial screens, look for the Xbox animation. If it appears, it means that the console started from scratch, which is confirmation that the power-cycling operation you just did was successful.
- After your console boots back up, repeat the action that was previously causing the 0x87de2713 error code and see if the issue has been resolved.