Samsung Z1 is a budget smartphone running Samsung’s Tizen mobile OS. The Tizen store, as compared to the Google Play Store has a very limited number of apps and support. Due to this, Samsung invited several app developers to build apps like Facebook Messenger, Truecaller, Candy Crush, etc.
WhatsApp is available for a myriad of smartphones, including Samsung’s Z range of Tizen-powered smartphones. Installing WhatsApp Messenger on the Z1 isn’t as straightforward as compared to other platforms. The Application Compatibility Layer (ACL) app is required to run WhatsApp and every other ACL-enabled app in the Tizen store.
The steps below are fairly simple and will guide you on how to install ACL and the WhatsApp on your Z1.
- If ACL isn’t already installed on your device, visit the Tizen store (which is preinstalled on your device) and then search for and download ACL for Tizen which has a file size of about 48MB. You have to be signed in with your Samsung account to download apps from the Store.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access Apps Screen and open the ACL application from the menu and then tap
- Tap Enabled from the list of options provided.
- Go back to Tizen Store and search for WhatsApp Messenger. Tap the application when the results are returned.
- Tap on Get to install the WhatsApp application. Once installed, you can launch the app from the Apps Screen.
Be sure not to uninstall the ACL app once installed. Uninstalling ACL for Tizen app will prevent you from using any ACL-enabled app on your device until you reinstall it.