Well! It’s been eight years since a Diablo title release, and fans are dying for a new game. We know Diablo 4 is in development, but it’s not coming out in 2021, thankfully we have Diablo 2 Resurrected to scratch that itch. The game had a couple of closed alphas this year, with two ACTs unlocked, although dates for an open beta and final release are still a mystery.
Thankfully PracticalBrush12 (Well known Reddit Leaker) parted with some dates and it seems the game is set to launch on September 23rd, also mentioning beta access for people who have pre-ordered. This might come as a disappointment for some people given launch is still some time away, hopefully, Blizzard will announce the open beta soon, giving fans early access.
Diablo® II: Resurrected™ is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo® II. Pursue the mysterious Dark Wanderer and fight the denizens of hell as you uncover the fate of the Prime Evils Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, now in up to 4K (2160p) resolution on PC. Diablo II Resurrected features:
- Remastered graphics—monsters, heroes, items, spells, all resurrected.
- An epic story told through five distinct acts.
- Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.
- Updated Battle.net support.
- Planned support for cross-progression—take your progress wherever you play.
- … and much more!
– Blizzard Entertainment