Snapchat is one of the famous multimedia messaging application with a lot of fun features. Many users use Snapchat to chat or share moments with friends and family. However, just like many famous applications, Snapchat also doesn’t provide the delete account option that easily. Some users may find it hard to find the delete account feature in the Snapchat application.
We are going to show you the methods for both phone and PC. Both of the methods are kind of similar to each other, however, depending on the device that the user is using, we will be showing steps for both. Make sure you remember your snapchat password for your account because it requires the snapchat login information for deleting the account.
Deleting Snapchat Account through the Application
In the past, there was no option available in the Snapchat application for deleting your account. Now they added the support options in settings through which you can easily get to the delete account page. The options for this method are similar on every device running the Snapchat latest application. Snapchat accounts will not be removed instantly like any other accounts. They will deactivate the account for 30 days and after that, permanently delete the account. Users can try to login again between these 30 days to get their account back.
Follow the below steps to delete your account through the phone:
- Open your Snapchat application on the phone and tap on the profile icon at the top left corner.
- Now tap on the Settings icon on the top left, scroll down, and select I Need Help option from the list.
- Scroll down again and tap on My Account & Security option. It will open the menu, tap on the Account information.
- In the Account Information tap on Delete My Account option. A new page will open, tap on the accounts portal link as shown below:
- Now provide the username & password of your account and tap on the Continue button to delete the account.
- It will temporarily disable the account for 30 days and after that, the account will be removed permanently. During these 30 days, the user can try to login again to get the account back.
Deleting Snapchat Account through a Web Browser
In this method, the user needs to go to the Snapchat official website to delete their account. The user can find the support option at the bottom of the Snapchat site. The options are similar to the phone method. This method will also deactivate your account and delete it permanently after 30 days. Follow the below steps to try deleting the Snapchat account through a web browser:
- Open your browser and go to the Snapchat official web page. Scroll down and click on the Support option.
- Click on My Account & Security and then choose the Account Information option.
Note: Delete My Account option can also be found in Account Security.
- Now click on the Delete My Account option, and then click on the account portal link.
- Provide the username & password and click on the Login button. Then click on the Delete Account on the list.
- Once again provide the username & password and click the Continue button to deactivate the Snapchat account. After 30 days the account will be permanently deleted.