Days Gone is an action adventure game currently under development by Sony Interactive Entertainment. From the few trailers and teasers that have been uploaded, we can piece together that Days Gone follows Deacon, a drifter, as he survives in a zombie infested world.
Game Informer conducted an interview between Days Gone’s creative director John Garvin and Jeff Cork. In the interview, John Garvin was asked over 150 questions and we learned many details about the game. Here is everything we now know:
- The undead monsters of the game are referred to as “freakers” instead of zombies.
- Deacon, the protagonist, is the only playable character in the game.
- There are no customization options available for Deacon, but he will occasionally rotate his cap.
- Deacon has access to a motorcycle that is upgradable.
- The motorcycle’s paint job, exhaust, speed boost and handling can all be upgraded. These upgrades have an effect on the performance of the bike. For example, upgrading the muffler reduces the noise made by the bike, allowing for improved stealth.
- The motorcycle will break down at times and must be repaired by Deacon. It can also be lost, in which case the player will have to locate it.
- Players can expect a total playtime of 30 hours, assuming they take the “golden path”.
- The game allows the player to fast travel.
- Days Gone features multiple weather patterns.
- Players can use the touchpad on the Dualshock 4 to access the map, menu and skills among other stuff.
- The currency is called credits.
- Players can build up encampments as they progress through the chapters of the game. A fog of war element is part of Days Gone.
- The final boss of the game will be human, instead of a freaker.
Days Gone is scheduled for an early 2019 release and will be available on the Playstation 4 and it will be locked to 30 frames per second on both the PS4 and PS4 Pro.