Chromebook is a new type of computer that runs on a Chrome operating system, unlike other laptops. Many users may find the new operating system a bit confusing to use. Some may not know how to copy and paste on the Chromebook. However, it is pretty similar to the default copy and paste features on any other system. In this article, we have mentioned several different methods through which users can copy and paste in Chromebook.
Use the Keyboard to Copy and Paste
The keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste work similarly on Chromebooks as on other systems. The keyboard for Chromebook does look a bit different, but all the keys are the same and work similarly. Check the below steps to see how you can do it:
- Use your touchpad to highlight the text. You can do it by pressing the touchpad and then moving the cursor with another finger while holding the pressed button.
Note: If you are in a text editor, you can also simply hold the shift and move the cursor through arrow keys to highlight the text.
- Once selected, now simply press the CTRL + C buttons on your keyboard to copy the text.
- Navigate to the document or text field where you want to paste. Click on the text area and press the CTRL + V buttons on your keyboard to paste the text.
- You can also use the CTRL + A to select all text. There is also a CTRL + Z shortcut to undo the last action.
Use the Touchpad/Mouse to Copy and Paste
You can also just use the touchpad or mouse to copy and paste in Chromebook. There are two different methods to bring the context menu by using the touchpad. The context menu of the highlighted text will have the copy and paste options. Follow the below steps to see how it works:
- Press the touchpad and move the cursor with another finger to highlight the text that you want to copy.
- Now simply tap on the touchpad with two fingers at once to get the context menu. Alternatively, you can also press and hold the ALT key, then a single tap on the touchpad to bring the context menu.
- After that, click on that Copy option in the context menu. Move to the area where you want to paste it.
- Use the two fingers tap or the ALT with a single tap to bring the context menu again. Now click on the Paste option to paste it.
Note: You may get a paste without format option in some cases, you can use that if you want to.
Use the Browser Copy and Paste Feature
There is also a Copy and Paste feature in the Chrome browser. It also includes some other options like Edit and Cut. However, this feature will only work inside the Chrome browser. If you are trying to copy or paste something outside of the Chrome browser, then you still need the user of the above methods shortcuts.
- Highlight the text by using the touchpad. You can also highlight text with a keyboard if you are in a text editor.
- Now click on the three dots menu option in Chrome browser.
- In the context menu, you can find the Copy and Paste options that you can use to copy the highlighted text or simply paste it.
- If you are using the copy and paste outside the browser, then you still require one of the above methods to do so.