If you are an iPhone user, you are probably aware of your camera quality and the features that come with it. There’s no question that iPhones currently have one of the best camera software in the world.
But despite having one of the best cameras, it is also an editing machine. Apple also offers the possibility to edit and merge two separate videos in one, not being needed to transfer the videos on your computer.
If you want to combine videos the way Apple wants you to, you first need the iMovie app installed and updated on your iPhone. If you don’t want to use the built-in app on your iPhone, there’s also a 3rd party alternative that will help you produce the same results.
How to Combine videos any iPhone
If you’re not a big fan of the native video editing app present on iOS (iMovie), we’re going to show you a different way that’s actually more powerful if you learn how to use it.
We’ve split this article into two different guys to cover both approaches:
- How to Combine Videos on iOS via the iMovie app
- How to Combine Videos on iOS via the Video Mixer app
Both methods will help you achieve the same thing, so feel free to follow the guide that you feel most comfortable with.
1. How to Combine Videos on the iPhone via the iMovie app
This is the native way of combining and editing videos on the iPhone. In Apple’s usual fashion, everything is intuitive if you’re used to the iOS ecosystem, but things might get confusing if you’re coming over from an Android device.
This is all done through the iMovie app that should be already installed on your device (unless you got rid of it).
Note: You might also need to update it if you’ve never used it before.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to combine videos on the iPhone via the iMovie app:
- From the home screen of your iOS device, search for the iMovie app on your iPhone and tap on it to launch it.
- When you are inside the iMovie app, go ahead and press on Create Project.
- After the New Project menu appears on your screen, tap on Movie.
Note: Don’t select a Trailer until your intent is to create a stylish video that resembles a Hollywood-style trailer.
- This will take you to the recent photos and videos on your iPhone. Tap on Media, located in the top left corner.
- From the menu that just appeared, tap on Video.
Note: This will show all the albums on your phone, press on All if you want to see all the videos that you have stored on your iPhone.
- Now you need to locate the videos you want to merge. After you locate them, press on them to make a pop-up menu appear, then tap on the checkbox to add them to your project.
- After you add all the videos you want to combine, tap on Create Movie, located at the bottom of your iPhone screen.
Note: This will take you to My Movie, where you can edit the video after your own preferences.
- Once you get to the next page, you can preview the combined video, you can also change the theme and filter of your videos, as well as adding some effects on your video. To do that, press the gear icon on the bottom right corner.
- If you want to change the transition between your videos, scroll the video until you see a cut point, then tap on the transition icon and choose the transition you want.
- After you finish editing your video, tap on Done on the top left corner. Then tap on the Share button and save your video, as well as send it to others.
2. How to Combine Videos on the iPhone via the Video Mixer app
If you want an alternative for iMovie, Video Mixer would be a very good choice. It does its job very well, combining the videos as you prefer and even gives you some further editing options that are not present inside the iMovie app.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to merge and combine videos using the Video Mixer on iOS:
- Open App Store from the home screen of your iPhone, then tap on the search button and search for Video Mixer.
- Once you find the Video Mixer app inside the App Store, tap on the get button to download it locally.
- As soon as the app is fully downloaded on your iPhone, launch it by tapping on its icon.
- After the app is open, it will appear on your screen an option that says Tap to create a new project. Press on it to start a new project.
- Then you will need to choose the output type for your video. Choose it after your preferences, then tap on it.
- Now you need to add the videos that you want to merge. Pressing the + button will take you to all the albums stored in your iPhone, choose the video you want.
- Next, repeat the process until you add all the videos that you want to merge into your combined video.
- After all the videos are added, click on the option on top to begin the process of combining the videos you previously added.
- Once the process is finished, you will find the combined video inside your iPhone video library.