Apple Music, as the name suggests, is Apple’s music app which offers variety of music from countless artists worldwide. Apple Music offers Individual, Family and Student membership plans for it’s users. If you want to cancel your Apple Music membership, you can do it easily on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC or Apple TV (4th generation). Your membership might automatically renew if you don’t cancel your membership more than 24 hours before your renewal date. So make sure you do this before the time elapse.
In this article, we’ll see how to cancel your Apply Music subscription on supported devices.
Method 1: On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Music app on your device and then tap For You.
- Tap the profile icon or your photo in the upper-right corner and tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in to your account or verify with Touch ID.
- Tap Subscriptions and tap Apple Music Membership.
- Tap Cancel Subscription. After you cancel, your subscription will be cancelled at the end of the current billing cycle.
- To cancel Carrier-bundled memberships, contact your carrier.
Method 2: On Mac or PC
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC. You can find this in the dock or on your Desktop.
- Click on the Menu bar at the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or the top of the iTunes window and navigate to Account > View My Account. Sign in if you’re asked to.
- Scroll to the Settings section on the Account Information page.
- Under Subscriptions, click Manage and then Apple Music Membership.
- Click Cancel Subscription. After you cancel, your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
Method 3: On Apple TV
- Open Settings and go to Accounts.
- Select Manage Subscriptions under Subscriptions. Sign in if you’re asked to.
- Select Apple Music Membership, then chose Cancel Subscription. Your subscription will stop at the end of the billing cycle.