Broken front-screen is a hardware issue and can easily be replaced. It is easy to replace a screen and will only take a few minutes hardly less than 15 if you do all the steps correctly.
I highly recommend that you do it yourself as it is a great learning experience and can help you, your family and friends save on high labor costs. The tools we would need to carry the procedure out are a non conductive skewer, pentalobe screw driver, Phillips screwdriver and a separating blade which is optional and obviously the replacement screen.
You can buy these components separately and easily; but if you buy them separate then you may be charged extra shipping therefore I recommend buying an all in one kit that comes with the tools and the replacement screen.
iPhone 5s Screen Replacement Kit
iPhone 5s Screen Replacement Procedure
1. With the help of a pentalobe screwdriver, unscrew the two screws at left and right side of the charging port of iPhone 5s.
2. Slightly lift-up the screen with the help of non conductive skewer or separating blade, do not use extra force to separate it and do not lift too much.
3. Detach the cable of home button that is connected from the screen to the main board, using the separating blade or non-conductive skewer.
4. As you can lift your screen to 90°, there is metal plate acting as a cover for the four cables of camera/speaker attached to the main board. Open the four screws with Pentalobe screwdriver.
5. Detach the three flex cables that are connected to the main board with help of non-conductive skewer, very gently.
6. Now the screen is separated from the phone, remove the speaker/camera at the top of the screen by unscrewing the screws of the metal plate over the cable.
7. Unscrew the screws of metal plate over the home button, with the help of Phillips screwdriver.
8. Also separate the one big metal plate in the middle of the screen by unscrewing the two screws of each left and right side.
9. Use non-conductive skewer or separating blade to detach the cables of camera/speaker and home button and place them aside from the old screen.
Now a bit of reverse engineering
10. Place your camera/speaker into the spot of the new screen and also the home button and attach the cables to the screen.
11. Screw the metal plates on camera/speaker and home button and the big metal metal plate in the centre of screen, just as we did unscrew it, using Phillips screwdriver.
12. Attach the three flex cables of the new screen into the main board of the iPhone 5S, you can use your fingers to plug the three flux cables into the main boast.
13. With the help of Philip screwdriver, screw the four screws over the three flex cables attached.
14. Press your screen to the phone and by using pentalobe screw driver to tighten up the two screws on left and right side of Charging. Now turn ON your device with new screen. It should work.