Google Drive is an advanced cloud storage drive which also allows you to view your files offline. With Offline access, it becomes easier for the user to edit and view their documents, sheets and slides and all this is done without the internet connection. To enable offline access, follow the steps below:
These instructions are better performed via the Chrome browser and your PC which can be a MAC or a Windows Machine.
Setup Offline Access For Google Drive
- Go to https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive and sign in with your Gmail address the one linked to your drive.
- On the top right side, you will see a gear icon. Click on this icon and select Settings from the menu.
- Now select the box that reads “Sync Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Drawings files to this computer so that you can edit offline“.
- Now visit your Google Page, for Docs, Sheets or Slides and sign into your Gmail.
- Now choose the Menu icon from the top left side and select Settings from the pane. Then click “turn on” for Offline Sync.
That’s it. Now you should be taken to enable offline access, just press it once and you’re done setting up offline access.