Apple’s iPhone 16 Pro Variants to Feature Periscope Zoom Lens

The iPhone 15 Ultra is said to be the only Apple product this year with a periscope zoom lens, but the firm has other ideas for 2024. The Elec reports that both iPhone 16 Pro versions will have a periscope zoom lens, allowing customers to forego Apple’s most powerful model and save a little money in the process.

Apple will need new vendors to carry out its orders when it ultimately moves toward folding zoom lens technology for its iPhones. According to The Elec, LG Innotek and Jahwa Electronics would provide foldable zoom actuators for the iPhone 15 Ultra. According to reports, LG fulfills 70% of orders for its profitable partner while Jahwa handles the other 30%.

Apple Expected to Switch its Suppliers for its Upcoming Camera Module

Additionally, these producers are rumored to take over from Japan Alps and Mitsumi, which now produce the actuators for Apple’s iPhone camera module. Given their experience, the remaining components of the iPhone 15 Ultra’s camera module will be equipped with spring-type actuators from LG Innotek and Jahwa Electronics. According to the source, in 2024, similar folding zoom cameras would also be available for the iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max.

Image: CNET

The Elec speculates that Apple’s biggest iPhone for 2024 would be known as the iPhone 16 Pro Max, albeit the name may have been added since it’s unclear if the tech giant will use the term “Ultra” to describe its most expensive iPhone models. Additionally, the source doesn’t specify if Apple plans to utilize the same foldable zoom actuators on the iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max or whether it will develop newer better ones.

What we do know is that Apple is adding more premium features to its higher-end iPhone models, so the iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max should have more to offer in 2024. Unfortunately, this will result in greater costs for customers to utilize such enhancements.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Muhammad Zuhair


Passionate about technology and gaming content, Zuhair focuses on analysing information and then presenting it to the audience.
Back to top button