Apex Legends’ Voidwalker event is finally here and players can now jump in to play the new game mode “Armed and Dangerous“. This update brings a new area to Kings Canyon, a secretive research site complete with a huge portal. Apart from the map change, there are also some Bug Fixes and Quality of Life Changes.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes a player’s reward would not display properly after completing a challenge that awards crafting metals.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes players would see a different rare skin equipped to the Legend they are spectating when hanging from a ledge.
- Fixed some issues related to script errors.
- [Xbox] Fixed issue where sometimes players would have issues connecting to a match at the same time as their party forcing them to join Legend Select late with Legends already locked.
- [PS4] code fixes to address crashes related to out of memory issues.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes players would still be in an out of bounds state when they are not actually out of bounds.
Most of these are minor bug fixes and some of the big problems like code leaf errors are still unaddressed.
Quality Of Life Changes
- New Promo Window – A new feature we’ve added to the Lobby that will display offers and info and allows for direct navigation to the website or store.
- Added Auto Sprint feature to all platforms that can be turned on or off. This is disabled by default and can be changed in the Settings menu.
- Players can now adjust Aim Down Sight look sensitivity per optic zoom level.
- Visual improvements to Legends in the Lobby and Character Select screen
- Increased overall brightness.
- Softer/lighter shadows.
- Improved reflections on hard surfaces.
- Improved detail and contrast to textures.
- Added UI to the Spectator View that lets players easily tell if they are spectating a squadmate or enemy.
- Added setting to disable weapon auto switching when ammo runs out.
Finally, Auto Sprint can be toggled from the settings menu. There are quite a few visual improvements as well and with my playthrough on the new update, I can see drastically improved character models in the Lobby and Character selection screen.
- Increased projectile width for the TripleTake
- SMG weapons are no longer compatible with the 3x HCOG and 2x-4x variable ACOG scopes.
- Note from design: Our goal with this change is to better define weapon archetypes and improve the looting experience so that players aren’t accidentally picking up a long-range site for a close-range weapon that they have to manually remove.
An increased projectile width for the TripleTake makes the gun a viable option for mid-range engagements, but also nerfing it in long-range fights.
SMG guns like the R99 won’t be compatible with the 3X and 2x-4x variable scores anymore. This can nerf some of the guns like Alternator and Prowler where a 3x scope with good control can make you are very formidable opponent in mid-range combat. Again, this won’t affect many players.
- Wattson will now have low profile attributes [takes %5 more damage to base health]
- Reduced the maximum number of Interceptor Pylons that can be active to 1.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to cancel the start up animation for their ultimate when activated while using a zipline.
Wattson isn’t a very strong character and her abilities are very situational so it’s surprising to see her get hit with a nerf. This can be to discourage Wattson players from camping and get them to use the pylon for it’s intended purpose.
Armed And Dangerous (Details)
- Shotguns and Snipers only
- Enabled Guns: Mozambique, Peacekeeper, EVA-8, Longbow, G7, Triple Take
- Attachments not used by Snipers or Shotguns are disabled
- Gold variants of weapons spawn in High Tier loot zones and in airdrops
- Kraber and Mastiff loot values are tuned so they spawn in late-game airdrops and very rarely as ground loot (1-2 per game each)
- Reduced Armor
- Disabled Loot: Armor (Blue/Purple/Gold), Helmets (Blue/Purple/Gold)
- Spawn rate for Common Armor and Helmets is reduced.
- Ground Loot Drop Chances are reduced by 45% (Supply Bins are not affected by this)
- Bullet Counts and Stacks are modified
- Light Rounds: 16 per drop, 32 per inventory slot
- Energy Rounds: 16 per drop, 32 per inventory slot
- Heavy Rounds: 7 per drop, 14 per inventory slot
- Shotgun Rounds: 7 per drop, 28 per inventory slot
- Overall, loot density is reduced, but ammo/weapon spawn rates are increased and stack sizes are increased to offset the loot scarcity and allow players to have enough ammo to not discourage combat.
- Increased spawn rates for syringes to compensate for lower loot density.
- Reduced spawn rates for shield batteries to match the rarity of armor
We finally have the details for Armed and Dangerous and so far my playthrough has been fun. Players who can wield snipers well will dominate lobbies. Since most players aren’t equipped with any armor, they are usually a two-hit kill with the longbow. Gibraltar becomes a very strong pick in this mode due his shield and reduced damage absorption.
You can read the complete patch note here.