Apex Legends Mobile was announced last year, and since then players are waiting to get their hands on the game. After going through multiple bouts of closed betas last year, EA recently announced a soft launch on February 28th for selected regions.
Sadly, this has now been shifted by a week due to the current Geo-political tensions, and the game will now arrive on 7th March. This isn’t the typical delay, and probably expected on the face of the ongoing humanitarian crisis. There’s no way to know if EA follows though with the March 7th date, as ‘ongoing world events’ are unlikely to be settled by then.
Apex Legends Limited Launch
During the soft launch, Apex Legends Mobile will be released for the following countries – Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru, Argentina, and Colombia. According to the devs, this limited regional launch is going to run for sometime, likely until the end of spring. The developers will probably take this time to polish the game, and get the content up to speed with other platforms.
Also, surprisingly India is not included in the upcoming limited regional launch, even though it was part of earlier closed beta runs with the Philippines. The devs probably have a different release timeline for the South-Asian region.
The system requirements for Apex Legends Mobile are actually very reasonable, and the game should be playable on most modern mid-ranged smartphones. For Android, the listed minimum requirements are – Android 8.1 and up, OpenGL3 and above, atleast 3GB RAM and 3GB free space.
For iOS, the minimum requirements are – iPhone 6s with the Apple A9 SoC, iOS 10.0 or later, 2GB RAM and 3GBs of storage.
If you belong to any of the regions included in the limited launch, you can Pre-Register for the game here.
When and where will the limited regional launch become available?
- Apex Legends Mobile will be available on Android and iOS in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru, Argentina, and Colombia.
What Legends/content will be included in the Apex Legends Mobile limited regional launch?
- During limited regional launch, we will have a select number of exciting systems and features available for testing. Players will be able to play as Bloodhound, Gibraltar, Lifeline, Wraith, Bangalore, Octane, Mirage, Pathfinder, and Caustic. We’ll offer more systems and content for the game’s global launch. More to come!
When will this game be available more broadly?
- We’ll be sharing updates on global launch once we’ve made informed decisions coming out of the limited regional launch. If you’re in one of the participating test countries, pre-registration is now open. We’re still actively testing the app around the world and we can’t wait for more players to join the fun at launch!
Will Apex Legends mobile feature cross-play with console?
- No; Apex Legends Mobile is being built specifically for mobile, so it won’t feature cross-play with the console or PC versions of Apex Legends.
Which digital storefronts will feature the game?
- In our upcoming test, the game will be available on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Please note that the game should not be sideloaded through a third party site or direct APK download.
Which phones is Apex Legends Mobile optimized for?
- The Apex Legends Mobile is currently still in development and being optimized to run on a variety of devices. Notably, devices not supported during the limited region test are iOS devices with less than 2GB RAM and Android devices with less than 3GB RAM. We will be able to support Android devices with 2GB RAM from the following brands:
- Android 8.1
- Open GL 3.0 or higher
- 3 GB free space
- At least 3 GB RAM
- Screens size: N/L/XL
- iPhone 6S or later
- OS version: 10.0 or later
- CPU: A9
- 3 GB free space
- At least 2GB RAM
– EA blog