Outlook sometimes won’t pick up the settings automatically, or sometimes the settings are custom and you may need to configure it manually. When you add an account manually; you can chose to set it as POP or IMAP. Fortunately, all versions of Outlook allow you to do this and in this guide, we will see how to manually add an account to Outlook.
To add account manually in Outlook 2010 follow the simple steps below. Repeat these steps, if you need to add more then one account.
1. Open Outlook and click on the File tab and Select Account Settings.
2. Click the New button.
3. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and Click Next.
4. By default, it should already have Internet Email selected, so just click Next.
5. Next screen is the settings screen where you need to provide all the requested information. Before you continue filling details here you must ensure that you have the details of the incoming and outgoing mail server addresses. You can get them from your e-mail provide or request me in comment’s and i’ll find them for you.
In this guide i will add a test account that i created on www.gmx.com.
6. Click Next. You will be shown a test dialog where Outlook will test your settings, if any of the settings are not correct you will see them here. If the settings are correct it will congratulate you and show a complete status. Click Close and Finish.